Credit: Newsawards2019 The Hackney Citizen has won ‘Niche Market Newspaper of the...
Board of Advisors
By Matt Abbott | 8th Mar 2018
The Independent Community News Network (ICNN) is part of the Centre for Community Journalism. We are dedicated to ensuring the organisation is transparent and democratic – that it exists for all members, and not a select few. That it holds the views of the smallest publication in the same regard as those of the largest. The work of ICNN is done with the full support of its members.
ICNN is administered by a committed team of journalists and academics who are passionate about independent community and hyperlocal news.
In addition, ICNN is guided by a team of accomplished experts in community and/or local journalism. The Advisory Board is an informal committee of members selected by the C4CJ’s administrative team and provides ICNN with valuable assistance and strategic advice.
In the early stages of ICNN’s recruitment stage, all members were given the opportunity to put themselves forward to take part in the Advisory Board.
We hold that print is as valuable a platform as digital, and we are proud that our Advisory Board is made up of members from across publication platforms. Six members of the Board run print publications.
The Advisory Board of ICNN is as follows (clockwise from left)
- Alan Evans Llanellionline.news
- Mike Rawlins MyTurriff.co.uk
- Graham Breeze MyWelshpool.co.uk MyNewtown.co.uk
- Paul Henderson SouthMoltonNews.co.uk
- Dave Toomer Wythenshawereporter.wordpress.com
- Dr Rachel Howells, founder of the Port Talbot Magnet
- Una Murphy Viewdigital.org
- Darryl Chamberlain 853london.com / Charltonchampion.co.uk
- Richard Gurner Caerphillyobserver.co.uk
- Claire Flett Rochdaleonline.co.uk
- Hans Marter Shetnews.co.uk
- Simon Montgomery Pevenseybaylife.co.uk
- Richard Coulter Localvoicenetwork.co.uk
- Fiona Davidson Theferret.scot
- Edward Sills Nailed.community
- Linda Quinn Brixtonblog.com
- Michael Casey Yourthurrock.com / Yourharlow.com
- Emma Meese (Centre Manager at C4CJ & Director of ICNN)
- Julian Calvert Lochsidepress.com
- Clare Cook (Lecturer in Print and Online Journalism at UCLAN, and co-founder of mediainnovationstudio.org)
- Daniel Ionescu TheLincolnite.com
- John Baron Westleedsdispatch.com
- Mark Baynes Lovewapping.org
- Keith Magnum Hackneycitizen.co.uk
Charlton Champion and 853.London, two of London’s most well-renowned independent community...
Thanks to a £5000 Media Grant from the Community Relations Council (CRC) a Newry based...